From: mix...@bigpond.com
Sent: Friday, June 16, 2017 7:08 PM
To: vortex-l@eskimo.com<mailto:vortex-l@eskimo.com>
Subject: Re: [Vo]:Any ideas?

Hi,
[snip]
>I think it has something to do with way google street view stitches images
>together.
>
>harry

If you look carefully where a beam enters a cloud there is a darkening of the
cloud around the beam, and also some of the beam is visible through the edge of
the cloud. But perhaps not as much as I would expect from a real beam.

Furthermore, I have seen black rectangles in the middle of the ice in Greenland
before, where images don't quite line up properly, but never a funnel shaped
thing like this.

I though it might be a consequence of pushing the camera to it's limits, but
images taken at other places and other times are completely normal.

Regards,

Robin van Spaandonk