First of all cold fusion is not fusion, it is a nuclear reaction that
modifies the nucleus at low energies.

LENR is engineering, more likely system engineering more than anything else
and not science.  A LENR system is comprised of dozens of disparate
sciences. LENR is comprised of hundreds of disparate systems.

The LENR concept is analogous to the concept of an automobile. There are
hundreds of car models and each model is comprised of some subset of dozens
of sciences.

LENR is like a tree and to find the fundamental cause of LENR, analysis
must tract each branch of the LENR tree to its root. When all such roots of
LENR are traced to its unambiguous and singular Root, then LENR will be
identified in science.