The molecular orbitals of h2 and h liquid/solid do not support metallic
characteristics.

Sent from my iPhone

On Feb 24, 2018, at 10:27 AM, Edmund Storms
<stor...@ix.netcom.com<mailto:stor...@ix.netcom.com>> wrote:

Hi Andrew,

Finally we are describing the same process although in slightly different ways.
 We agree, a linear structure is required that, thanks to a unique resonance
process, can gradually dissipate the fusion energy.  Your are in a better
position than I am to describe the quantum characteristics of this process.

This basic idea does not come from any theory but only from how the process is
observed to behave.  The behavior requires a process that can gradually release
the mass-energy in order to avoid the energetic radiation normally produced by
all other nuclear reactions. As I have proposed, this reaction can be best
described as slow fusion in contrast to fast fusion normally observed. The
challenge is to find a mechanism that allows slow release to take place.

Although the release of mass-energy is called slow, the fusion process would be
fast by chemical standards and independent of temperature.  Therefore, the
observed amount of power production would require a slow process that is
influenced by temperature, as is known to be the case. I suggest the rate of
power production is determined by how fast D can diffuse to the sites where
fusion can take place. Once D reaches the site, fusion starts immediately but
with release of mass-energy that is much faster than any chemical or diffusion
process. In other words, the fusion process is controlled by several
independent processes having their own rates.  This adds complexity that no
theory has yet acknowledged.

I  look forwarded to exploring these ideas with you.

Ed