Hi Axil,
[snip]
>In order to come op with your estimate of fusion DH reactions, you must
>have made a calculation as follows:
>
>A 20 megawatt burst of fusion happens in a hollow sphere called a double
>layer. A double layer is 6mm thick and is one of 10 such hollow spheres in
>a concentric structure of such hollow spheres. This includes a 2.5 cm
>spherical anode. How much hydrogen fills that hollow sphere? How many
>hydrogen atoms comprise that volume of hydrogen at 1 bar. How many fusion
>reactions of 3 Mev produce that 20 megawatt burst? Are there enough
>deuterium atoms in the volume to produce the energy generated in the burst
>of fusion?

Actually, I didn't do any of those things. As Jones said, there is no duration
specified, however IIRC there is a duration specified in a diagram on the
Saffire web site. Perhaps you could check, and give us an indication of how much
energy was in the pulse? (BTW the H+D reaction yields 5.49 MeV, not 3 MeV.)
Though also possible, D+D reactions are less likely than H+D reactions due to
the atomic ratio, unless there is some mechanism that is concentrating the D in
one layer. Given that it's about twice as heavy as H this is not impossible.
[snip]
Regards,

Robin van Spaandonk

local asymmetry = temporary success