Rutherford established this method of investigating the nucleus and the
hope has been with increasing energies we would devine the secrets of the
nucleus but I think this approach has reached it limits. The new tools of
nuclear research are what has a traditionally been viewed as useful to only
chemists and material scientists...plus a willingness to pose questions.