From: JonesBeene <jone...@pacbell.net>
Sent: Monday, March 25, 2019 2:32:47 PM
To: vortex-l@eskimo.com
Subject: RE: [Vo]:deuterium transition pressure to metalized forms

Jupiter has a mysterious internal heat source which is not based on nuclear
fission.

The core of the planet is extremely hot but not enough for nuclear fusion
either.

The heat source cannot be leftover from planetary formation as it is far too
intense.

There are many conjectures about the source of heat since all the usual
suspects can be ruled out.

It is therefore  possible if not likely  that ultradense hydrogen in somehow
involved.

Well, I suppose that is why you posted it <g>.

From: Axil Axil<mailto:janap...@gmail.com>

http://science.sciencemag.org/content/361/6403/677

Insulator-metal transition in dense fluid deuterium

Abstract

Dense fluid metallic hydrogen occupies the interiors of Jupiter, Saturn, and
many extrasolar planets, where pressures reach millions of atmospheres.
Planetary structure models must describe accurately the transition from the
outer molecular envelopes to the interior metallic regions. We report optical
measurements of dynamically compressed fluid deuterium to 600 gigapascals (GPa)
that reveal an increasing refractive index, the onset of absorption of visible
light near 150 GPa, and a transition to metal-like reflectivity (exceeding 30%)
near 200 GPa, all at temperatures below 2000 kelvin. Our measurements and
analysis address existing discrepancies between static and dynamic experiments
for the insulator-metal transition in dense fluid hydrogen isotopes. They also
provide new benchmarks for the theoretical calculations used to construct
planetary models.

The article is questioned here

http://science.sciencemag.org/content/363/6433/eaaw0969

The transition pressure to melalize deutriem is lower that expected from first
principle calculations. That meltaliation transition pressure is measured to
occur at 2,000,000 Bar.

For comment on the critique see

http://science.sciencemag.org/content/363/6433/eaaw1970