Jürg Wyttenbach <ju...@datamart.ch> wrote:

> You can always sell a good idea without any true relation to reality if
> you manage to produce/show the investors a better reality...

The company did not only sell that idea to investors and bigwigs such as a
former Secretary of State. It also sold the idea to many skilled
researchers. Those researchers devoted years of their lives to try to make
the technology work. They largely failed. We should not condemn them for
trying. They were experts and they thought the idea might have a true
relation to reality. No one knew for sure, and there was no way to find out
except by trying.

They were aware or problems such as "contamination from skin, tissue . . ."
They thought they could work around these problems.

There were some examples of blatant fraud in the company. But there was
also many technical failures. We should never condemn the latter as
unethical. You cannot have progress without failures.