I have completed my experiments with electrical UHF antenna's.  I did discover
that vertically polarized signals come in at the frindge.  I have also found
that an additional 3db of signal may be obatined by tuning the antenna for a
portion of the UHF television band.  With the repack tuning can be employed
from channels 25 to 32.  This is where most of the channels are now.   I got no
magic or a proxmity effect that pulled in hundreds of channels.  The UHF over
the horizon and reflected signals vary greatly with wheather.  They come in
best on partly couldy days.
I am now experimenting with magnetic antenna's.  They have no conventional
directors and consist of series of loops.  The driven, directors and reflectors
elecments and directors are loops.
I can connect the driven elements in series to drive up the output voltage.  We
shall see how it goes.  Here is paper on the subject.
https://orbit.dtu.dk/files/3615193/Appel-Hansen.pdf

Frank Z