Unluckily the earth is not flat even in the curved sense as it is an ellipsoid with at least a delta north-south/east-west in radius of about 10km.

Even more unluckily gravitation is not a constant it slightly depends on the density of matter. And last but not least gravity is a force and not just a curvature of space. From a mathematical point of view there is no difference between the two views as long as you do not believe that the gravity force is of purely central nature. The idea of curvature emerged because physicist had no clue why a photon could be attracted by a mass. But all EM-mass interact with other EM mass what leads to the other erroneous picture of virtual particle background. I you once understand why/how all mass is EM-mass, then you also will understand all mistakes of 100 year physics.

J.W.

PS: Who will construct this perfect cannon that is able to do a shot exactly along the horizon line? Not Boing...