https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/01/health/coronvirus-patient-research-cdc/index.html
Though, if our capitalist system works like this maybe we would be better off with communism. At the very least the CDC should issue a press release and say they are tabulating data and when the information will arrive. Stuff like this breeds very very nasty conspiracy theories. On Sat, Feb 29, 2020 at 8:46 PM Blaze Spinnaker <[email protected]> wrote: > Communism/Fascism is great for quarantining. Not sure it's that great > for sharing critical information broadly, coming up with vaccines, medical > tests and and treatments. > > > > On Sat, Feb 29, 2020 at 6:52 AM Jed Rothwell <[email protected]> > wrote: > >> That was a superb presentation by Bruce Aylward. Jones: thanks for >> pointing it out. >> >> I must ruefully admit that Chinese communism does seem well suited for >> dealing with this. But, more than that, what Aylward emphasized is the >> scientific, rational, pragmatic, data-driven approach. That's as much part >> of U.S., European and Japanese culture as it is Chinese. I'd like to think >> so, anyway. >> >> It is unfortunate that the U.S. effort will be headed up by nitwits who >> don't even believe in the Theory of Evolution. This is like assigning >> energy policy to someone who has no idea where electricity comes from. >> >> It is unfortunate, but I hope not disastrous. I hope they stay out of the >> way and let qualified people do their jobs. I fear that even the qualified >> people will ignore the lessons from China. >> >>

