Simple masks are highly efficient if 100% of the population are wearing them, as in Japan with almost no infections. They prevent drops from spreading! But they do not fully protect you if you get a drop! Especially the eyes are a weak point! Further: If you are out, never touch your face before completing 30 seconds hand washing!

J.W.