Hi,
[snip]
>With regard to the possibility that the LEC is a battery: A LEC has many
>similarities to a battery and we debated calling it a Hydrogen Ion Battery
>but a LEC is much more. A battery is basically two electrodes of different
>work function where metal ions are transported by well known chemical
>reactions through a liquid electrolyte in between the electrodes.

Not always. There are "dry-cells" (not really very dry), and also cells with a
solid electrolyte.

>The LEC
>does not have a liquid electrolyte and a LEC produces and transports gas
>ions. A battery is also a voltage source and a LEC acts like a current
>source. The output of a battery does not increase with temperature. A LEC
>has similarities with a nuclear or atomic battery without the hazardous
>radiation and they don't increase output with temperature. We settled on
>calling it a LEC,

Transporting gas ions may well result in a cell that has a high internal
resistance. This may well explain why it acts
as current source rather than a voltage source, depending on the resistance of
the load compared to that of the internal
resistance. In order to know that the device acts as a current source, one
would need to measure the current. Current
measurements are usually made with devices that deliberately have a low
internal resistance, so as not to influence the
measurement.
[snip]