The reasoning behind rejecting biofuels is that they enable the continuation of
internal combustion engines and all of the pollution from crankcase oil being
burned, expensive repairs and maintenance such as oil changes etc.
 Ethanol made from corn mainly uses the starch component which is barely used
in human foods or feedstocks therefore it’s unlikely that utilizing corn to
make bio fuels does much harm to populations that have a hard time feeding
themselves. Also food grade corn is usually not used, a variety used for animal
feed is grown and it is rarely consumed by humans although things like
tortillas shells and Fritos are made with “cow corn.”
https://afdc.energy.gov/fuels/ethanol_production.html