I recently joined the question forums Stack Exchange and Reddit where
people pose questions and receive answers. They allow members to rate the
quality of both questions and answers by voting them up or down. I noticed
this practice is different from Quora where only answers are voted up or
down. Consequently in Stack Exchange and Reddit you are expected to edit
your question if it does not meet with the approval of other members or
moderators. They have such a narrow notion of what constitutes a good
question. It is as if I am expected to pose a question that you might find
on an exam. As I have gradually come to realise questions at the frontiers
of knowledge are not welcome in these venues.

Harry