I'm all for electric cars, except those aspects of them that are controlled by
entities other than the driver. As has been demonstrated more than once, even
gasoline powered cars of recent manufacture are connected to the internet and
can be disabled or modified remotely. I have disconnected all that stuff on my
cars.

We just don't have enough generating capacity or enough copper wire to have a
100% electric fleet. For example, the average current draw of the average
American house is about 1.3 kW. The overnight full charge draw of a Tesla Model
3 is 7kW. When you consider that here in California, there have been major
blackouts and brown-outs during hot recent hot weather, a sudden mandated
change is not even close to being practical. No doubt these problems can be
solved, but unrealistic mandates will be yet another economy destroyer.