On Sun, Jan 16, 2022 at 10:51 AM H LV <hveeder...@gmail.com> wrote:

> One commentator suggested that a mirror be used to redirect the moon light to
> a spot under the moonshade. I like this experimental modification because it
> respects the question the "believers" are asking. It does not substitute one
> question for another question and claim an answer to the second question is
> equivalent to answering the first question.
>
> Harry

Infact a mirror isn't necessary. What is needed is a room with a small
window with a shutter to let in the moonlight. When the shutter is
opened the resulting moon beam would fall on one of two target spots
which would both be initially at the same temperature.   Ideally the
interior surfaces of the room would have a uniform temperature so that
the possibility of radiant warming or cooling measurably affecting the
temperature of the spots is eliminated. Such a room could be called an
'oven' although it might be more appropriate to call it a 'cave' since
an oven with an opening is typically imagined as being an emitter of
light whereas a cave with an opening is typically imagined as being a
receiver of light.

Harry
Harry