Time's a wasting. This prize should be claimed by someone we know, no?

Why not Celani himself? Maybe that is part of a strategic mystery scheme on his
part

There is the older body of evidence for copper-nickel alloy, Constantin, and/or
Monel being active for  reproducible thermal anomalies with hydrogen - going
back a decade to Celani and Cravens - somewhat based on Mills/Holmlid theories.
Your work (Michael Foster) is apparently much older but sounds somewhat similar
in operation.

If the prize is real and awarded on first to present a working model - then
this niche seems like fertile ground for copper-nickel especially nano layered.
Any patents should now be expired, Cravens' famous experiment is another one
that should qualify for the prize - if he still has it working. He had lots of
witnesses.

Hey Michael - go for it. You would also get a measure of revenge for your other
ideas.

Surely a couple of million would make it worth the effort. The (minor) risk is
that Celani or a mystery backer has a hidden agenda to promote his own work in
the process - and that the prize is help him put together a few missing details.

MSF <foster...@protonmail.com> wrote:
 Well OK, folks, here it is. I've been planning to post this discovery for
years, but have just been putting it off. This method has worked for me, but
was done clear back in 1992 and 1993. No doubt you're asking that Strangelovian
question, "Zo vy didn't you tell ze vorld, eh?" The other question would be,
"Why didn't you patent this and become a billionaire?" The answer to these
questions is simple. I've made three really game changing disruptive
discoveries/inventions at different times in my life and had my head handed to
me each time. I'm so demoralized by these events, I just didn't want to go
through it again.
Because of that, I've stuck to businesses that don't really attract much
attention and don't need large investment capital. What I'm saying is, I'm
going to tell you what I did and what the results were with no expection of any
kind. Of course, if those government officials want to mail me that $2 million
dollar check, I won't turn it down. Fat chance of that happening.
Materials and equipment:
Tungsten wire treated with oxalic acid.Sulfamate nickel plating setup.Copper
wire.Steel wool.6mm ID 1mm wall borosilcate tubing.Hydrogen tank (regular
welding supply hydrogen)High vacuum setup.High vacuum evaporation
chamber.Oxygen-propane torch.Ordinary hardware store propane torch.
Fine grade steel wool was first cleaned in an aqueous sodium hydroxide solution
aprox. 150g/L. Then rinsed in distilled water and finally in acetone. Air dried
with a heat gun and placed in the vacuum chamber.
My vacuum chamber uses an unusually long (approx. 200mm) tungsten filament for
my own purposes. This particular filament was treated with an oxalic acid
solution and rinsed with distilled water to promote the adhesion of
electroplated nickel. Concentrated hydrogen peroxide is normally used for this
purpose, but I have found the oxalic acid works better for me. A regular
sulfamate nickel setup was used to deposit a layer of nickel on the tungsten.
After the electrodeposition was finished it was removed from the setup, rinsed
with distilled water and air dried with a heat gun. The filament was next
spiral wrapped with various amounts of copper wire which had been stripped from
telephone cable.
I thought of electrodeposition of the copper as well, but I wanted to observe
the copper being evaporated before the nickel. The filament was installed in
the evaporation chamber along with the steel wool. The steel wool was located
horizontally from the filament at about 500mm. I realize that all of this is
not "scientific" because I didn't weigh the nickel or the copper and increased
the current at a rate determined by how the copper wire looked as it was
evaporated before the nickel. The copper melting into the nickel just as the
nickel began to evaporate was observed as the point to increase the filament
current, all highly subjective.
Obviously, the result will be a graduated layer deposited on the steel wool
starting with nearly all copper and finishing with nearly all nickel. The large
surface area of the steel wool and the likely thermal distortion of it will
produce all sorts of thicknesses and orientations of the cupronickel alloy.
The chamber was slowly brought up to atmospheric pressure and the steel wool
inserted into a prepared borosilicate tube. The glass tube was about 300mm in
length, sealed at one end in the manner of a test tube bottom.  The coated
steel wool occupied about 100mm at the sealed end of the tube. Heavy high
vacuum grade rubber tubing was connected to the glass tube with attached tee,
valves and gauges to allow for admission of the hydrogen.
After allowing the vacuum pumps to create about 10^-6 torr. The sealed end of
the tube was then heated with a propane torch to just below the softening point
of the borosilicate. As an experienced, but not very good, glassblower it's
easy to recognize this temperature from the color of the glass and the flame.
Again, not very scientific.
After allowing the glass tube to cool down, hydrogen was admitted to a pressure
of between 1/2 and 3/4 atmospheric pressure. At a place about 100mm from the
sealed end of the tube the flame from an oxygen-propane torch was applied until
the tube collapsed and sealed off the steel wool with its cupronickel coating.
The longer end of the tubing was pulled away and the newly formed seal was
heated to round off the sharp point.
I likely made around a hundred of these tubes in rather rapid succession. Most
of them did nothing. But something like a third of them became warm or hot for
long periods of time, weeks and months. One of them became "sparkly" for a few
minutes. None of them became hot enough to boil water. I have little doubt that
a setup similar to this, but with the ability to allow a higher hydrogen
pressure would produce more heat.
I gave up these experiments for both the above stated reason and because I had
to pay much more attention to my business on account of massive foreign IP
theft and unreasonable trade regulation changes.
Well, there you have it. I assume the usual things will happen: I will be
declared a fool and a fraud. Someone else will say they did it first, and so
on. Nevertheless, someone may find this information useful and allow the world
to have limitless access to inexpensive energy.