Robin
There is a possibility that the NAE site corresponds to the Casimir effect and
its geometry.
Otherwise it is a coincidence that the presumed active zone is similar.

This Casimir dimension has maximum effect at around 2 nm --- and by now could
be etched using state of the art nanolithography

This is especially interesting if some hind of deuterium "densification" is
part of the process since it would be possible to arrange a structured array of
precise cavities instead of depending on random placement

...  nanolithography in order to optimize LENR would be a natural for someone
like Google, no?

Surely they have considered this possibility

Robin wrote:
 > Self-assembly creates regular structures (think crystal growth). It is being
 > considered for bleeding edge IC production.
I don't think it's too much of leap to consider using it for e.g. a surface
treatment of a cathode, or possibly a 3D
whole cathode construction, or creation of a target for a gas based reaction.
With nano particles, you will, by coincidence, get some NAE sites. With
self-assembly, you may have the ability to
ensure that almost all the material consists of NAE sites, thus improving the
power density markedly.

Of course this entails knowing exactly what an NAE site is. I have an idea on
that score, but it involves Hydrinos, so
will shut up unless asked.

Regards,

Robin van Spaandonk