For cooling a building you can use highly reflective (99.8%) paint. Such a building can stay 3C below ambient without addition al cooling.

Search for "Full Daytime Sub-ambient Radiative Cooling with High Figure of Merit in Commercial-like Paints"

J.W.

On 25.04.2022 15:50, Chris Zell wrote:

Could there be a way to generate energy by ‘transmitting away’ the earth’s relative charge into neutral space? Using something similar to this method?

*From:*H LV <hveeder...@gmail.com>
*Sent:* Saturday, April 23, 2022 12:33 PM
*To:* vortex-l@eskimo.com
*Subject:* Re: [Vo]:A simpler test

Update...

I haven't done any experiments yet, but I have refined my thinking about the nature of cooling or frigorific radiation.

Instead of striving for extremely low temperatures, I recently realised it should be possible to look for cooling radiation between bodies which have a large relative temperature difference.

Also I was worried that if frigorific radiation were real then we should readily detect a cooling effect on our eyes or instruments every time a telescope is aimed into the cold depths of space. Does the fact that no one has reported such a cooling effect mean frigorific radiation doesn't exist. Not necessarily. Such a conclusion is based on the assumption that when a concentrator of a given size focuses cooling radiation from a colder body the effective cooling power increases as the temperature of the colder body decreases in the same way as the effective heating power of a hotter body increases as the temperature of the hotter body increases.

However, if cooling power does not scale like heating power, then using a thermometer to detect cooling from radiation from deep space at 3 degree Kelvin will probably require a concentrator (i.e. a telescope) that is much larger than any current or planned telescope.

Harry