Dear Sean,

I like your derivation. It appears to be another indication of the
resonance giving stability to the electron at a specific "size". A similar
exercise gives its angular momentum to be 1/2 that of the photon
simultaneously forming it and the positron.

I think of a sphere of the classical radius (~2.8 fm) as enclosing some
large percentage of the electron mass (its electromagnetic energy) and that
of the 386 fm radius (the reduced deBroglie wavelength and the wavelength
of the 511 keV photon forming it) as being the range of the potential where
it is reduced to some small value of the electron's maximum electrostatic
potential.

Andrew