Hi,
[snip]

You also need to take into consideration that objects in motion relative to the
Earth's surface will experience more or
less centrifugal force depending on their direction of motion relative to the
rotation of the planet.
All "stationary" objects actually experience a small centrifugal force, that
slightly reduces their true weight.
This varies with latitude, maximum at the equator, zero at the poles.
It's the primary reason that the Earth is not perfectly spherical.

>Hey vorts, this is a question about weight. No advanced physics is
>involved.
>Suppose you have a surface with built in sensors so it will tell you the
>weight of an object placed anywhere on it.
>Assume the surface is flat and level and the acceleration due to gravity is
>everywhere constant.
>Will the *registered* weight of the object be the same when the object is
>at rest with respect to the surface
>as when it is moving with uniform motion with respect to the surface?
>
>It seems to me that the object will effectively weigh slightly less because
>it takes time for the object to exert its full weight
>on the sensors. The true or full weight can only be ascertained when the
>object is at rest with respect to
>the surface.
>

>Harry
If no one clicked on ads companies would stop paying for them. :)