Robin <mixent...@aussiebroadband.com.au> wrote:

...so there doesn't appear to be any reason why it couldn't back itself up
> on an inferior computer and wait for a better
> machine to reappear somewhere...or write out fake work orders from a large
> corporation(s), to get a new one built?

I assume the hardware would be unique so it could not operate at all backed
up on an inferior computer. It would be dead. It would have no way of
monitoring the situation or  reloading itself and rebooting. Also, in this
scenario, it would have done something destructive, so people would be on
the lookout for a re-boot. They would not build an identical computer
without many safeguards to prevent the rogue program from occupying it
again. They would have other, less powerful but obedient AI on the lookout
for a rogue reincarnation.

I am assuming this would require specialized hardware. I could be wrong
about that, based on what ChatGPT told us.

People who are much smarter than others, and organizations and nations that
are more advanced than others cannot automatically subdue less advanced
groups. The U.S. lost the Vietnam War, after all. I suppose if this
super-AI was a million times smarter and more capable than people, then
even the combined technical abilities of the world's computer techies might
not defeat it. Perhaps it would be that powerful. ChatGPT is a million
times more powerful than one person, in some ways, such as the range of
data it can tap into, and the speed at which it produces answers. Remember
that it is "conversing" with many people simultaneously. But in other ways
it is less capable than a person.