I agree that the other threats discussed in this paper are serious. They
include things like "eroding our connections with other humans" and
"enfeeblement":

Many people barely know how to find their way around their neighborhood
without Google Maps. Students increasingly depend on spellcheck [60], and a
2021 survey found that two-thirds of respondents could not spell "separate."

I will say though, that I have zero sense of direction and I actually did
get lost in the neighborhood before there were Google maps or GPS gadgets,
and I am terrible at spelling. In 1978 when I first got a computer terminal
in my house, the first thing I did was to write a word processing program
with WYSIWYG formatting and a spell check. The spell check was easy because
the people at Data General gave me tape with a list of 110,000 correctly
spelled words. I have not been without word processing and spell checking
since then. I felt the kind of liberation that no young person can
understand. My mother felt the same way when she learned to drive a Model T
at age 13 and started buzzing around New York City. She said the police did
not enforce license laws back then. She later drove tractors, army trucks
and "anything with wheels."