I was told that Sodium-22 is in the air we breathe and the water we drink.
The tables in this link gives one pause to consider doing such an experiment
in the kitchen when Sodium-22 runs about 10 Curies per gram.

http://www.in.gov/isdh/regsvcs/radhealth/rules/410_iac_5-4.htm

OTOH, Potassium-40 in the KCl supplements is a bit safer.  :-)

Fred