I had been talking to the radio telescope people in
Massachusetts about the possibility of the full moon
giving off some sort of radiation that could affect the Pineal
and moods. They said they used the full moon as a "calibration check."
A local astronomy professor had told me that the full moon acts as a 300
deg K
blackbody radiator, hence there are terahertz (10 to 100 micrometers)
wavelengths that can possibly do this during the ~29 day full moon "spike".

Johnny Carson was a strong believer in the effects of the full moon on
the behavior of his audiences, so when he commented "when there
is a heavy cloud cover during the full moon the behavior is more
normal". McMahon said "when a tree falls in the woods and no
one sees it, it doesn't make a sound".
Just for the heck of it I sent him a mailgram, figuring it would go in the
out basket.
Lo and behold the next night I got phone calls about an hour or so before
his program
airs in this  time zone telling me that J.C. (Richard Pryor & George Carlin
were guests) read my note
and was arguing with McMahon about whether or not Frederick Sparber in
Belen, New
Mexico was "a fake". This prompted people from all over the US and Canada
to call information to
get my phone number. Even Satellite providers asked if their GHz downfeed
was going
to affect people in an adverse way.
The jury is still out on what the elusive 10 -30 terahertz (laser)
frequencies that are being touted
for medical use and through-the-wall surveilence will do to moods.

BTW. many plant species use the lunar cycle in their "sex life".

Fred