Jed, I do not object reporting, but these blood suckers like to have detailed reports...This would be OK for 10x more money...

Further:: A little bit more advanced experiments need high level equipment. Like a multi target PVD coater, a good galvanostat and access to a decent XRF just to name 3 gadgets, where a good PVD starts at 50k$ without any addons like expensive targets.

I think that providing gadgets would be the better approach than spending money. That way you can switch it between groups or groups could provide some services (like PVD,XRF) to other groups.

E.g. we just evaluate access to a good PVD. With the proper machine and the correct targets you can do one process step in one day. Then for months 50k stay idle doing nothing...

J.W.