Hi,
[snip]
>Robin <mixent...@aussiebroadband.com.au> wrote:
>

>> I have an electric heater that can be controlled to within 1/10 of a
>> degree centigrade . . .
>

>That is remarkable. That is a laboratory grade thermostat.

I should have said precision, not accuracy. It can be done with a DS18B20, a
microprocessor, and a relay.
[snip]
Actually, the sensor is under the window, so cold air coming off the window
will fall onto the desk, and hit the sensor.

>Get an IR camera!
>(Borrow one . . . they are expensive.)

No, not worth the trouble.
Buy electric cars and recharge them from solar panels on your roof.