Steven Vincent Johnson wrote:

>Hi Terry,
>In the scenario described above, if electron velocity is calculated to be
around 0.7 mm/sec (presumably at a >stationary position) why don't the
effects of magnetism increase dramatically if we were to make a
>electromagnetic coil and spin it at say a lazy 60 rpm, a very slow
revolution. I presume spinning an >electromagnetic coil at such a slow speed
doesn't increase the effects of magnetism one whit.

Since Terry didn't answer your question I will suggest  an answer.
In the first case the positive charges are fixed and the electrons are
moving. In your suggested case the relative charge motion is the same
as before since moving the entire uncharged conductor will move both
electrons
and protons at additional but equal velocity which cancels any
additional net charge motion.

Spinning a charged ring would be an interesting experiment.
Does anyone know if this has been reported in the literature?

Regards,
George Holz
Varitronics Systems