Mike Carroll wote..

>Will can be applied when there is a tangible body of technology or structure
>to apply the 'will' to...

Howdy Mike and Philip.

An additional factor in science research has emerged in today's society. Research reconceptualized as a business with a revenue stream. In otherwords.. not the results found through research..but.. the research money.  UT-Austin did some work under an alliance with U-Michigan and Gen Atomic. I asked for some info on the results of the pilot study.. I was shuttled across the US. At every inquiry I was met with the question..." where are you getting your research money"?? Thats all they wanted to know. I finally learned the pilot study produced NOTHING.  Why?  Because is was all about getting research money for Uncle Sugar.. Research has been reconceptualized by the universities in concert and harmony with the government.

But isn't that how it's always been.. a few  toil at the task out of a dedication to pure science.

Richard