2006 19:52:58 -0400:
Hi,
[snip]
>TB: That is the simple answer; but, it does not jive with current SQM
>experiments. In this case, we are speaking of *single* photon
>interference patterns.

I'm not even sure there is such a thing. OTOH it's also possible
that a photon can *only* interfere with itself (i.e. not with any
other photon). It's also possible that there is no such thing as a
photon.

>They create interference patterns because of
>Feynman's "sum of histories" concept.

No, they were doing it long before Feynman was born. ;^)

>The interference pattern is a
>result of the probabilites that the photon can follow either path with
>a certain probability. When the photon path is known, the photon does
>not go away. The photon is detected at the convergence point; however,
>it is detected as a particle. It is not stopped at the detector.

No, only photons that were not detected at all (at either slit)
reach the convergence point, unless you start out with a very
energetic photon which loses some energy at the first detector,
and is consequently also scattered in the process.(BTW you appear
to have two detectors here).
[snip]

Regards,

Robin van Spaandonk