19:36:28 -0400:
Hi Kyle,
[snip]
>All,
>
>Correct me if I am incorrect but isn't this "Joe Cell" the thing that
>involved "conditioning" the engine by jumping an HV arc to the crankshaft or
>balancer?

Probably.

>I seem to recall having read that somewhere. From a mechanics
>standpoint, I can pretty well safely say that throwing arcs to the block
>will not do much....unless they are coming from the coil, in which case,
>ignition and timing is all messed up, and mileage is reduced, not increased.

This is not a conventionally fueled engine.
(IMO it's probably hydrino/fusion based).
The fuel itself may comprise a charged gas, which may explain the
voltage build up, and the necessity of discharging that voltage
occasionally.

>How is this thing supposed to work?

That's the $64000 question (or perhaps 64 billion?). ;)

(I suggest you check the Vortex archive for lots of theories on
how it might work (if at all). See:-

http://www.mail-archive.com/vortex-l%40eskimo.com/

>I read a PDF file about it, but it was
>mostly just theory....anything we can build?

There is a whole spiel here:-

http://www.joecell.com.au/alexbook.html

and Joe Cell kits are obtainable here:-

http://www.nutech2000.com/category2_1.htm