-0400:
Hi John,
[snip]
>        1]  electrolysis of water, current, voltage, electrode types,
>spacing and surface areas of electrodes, evolution of gases... what gasses.

>From the public meetings I have recently attended, the consensus
seems to be that the best electrode material is 316L stainless.
Spacing about 3 mm. Per cell voltages vary considerably, but fall
roughly into 3 categories:

1) 1.2-1.48 V
2) 2-3 V
3) kilovolts (different cell configuration).

Both AC and DC are used.

Current density ~34-39 mA/cm^2 (in the lower voltage cells).
These people think they are producing "hydroxy" or "HOH" (whatever
that is supposed to be).

>           1]  (A)  Water vapor and contribution of vapor
>                (B)  Temperatures of reactions

I don't think anyone gets that scientific.

>         2]    Have any vo used catalytic action with-of -for lysis of
>water

A catalyst by definition doesn't change the amount of energy
available from a reaction, only effecting the speed at which it
runs. Therefore any material added to water that increases the
rate of dissociation *without* requiring more electrical input
must either be being consumed by the reaction (and is therefore
not a catalyst), or must be catalyzing the release of pre-existing
energy in the water itself.
Of course, in the latter case, the nature of the catalyst may
provide a clue as to the source of that purported pre-existing
energy. Short answer - no. ;)

Regards,

Robin van Spaandonk

http://users.bigpond.net.au/rvanspaa/