Hi Jones,
[snip]
>Now all of this makes me ponder - why isn't R. Mills talking about
>this interstellar situation and its likely aftermath: i.e. the
>attraction of H3+ and Hy- and the likelihood that a tetrahedron of
>the two ions would form -- and with almost a covalent-strength
>bond, (probably more), it should be very stable. Not to mention
>weird.

According to Mills the second electron in hydrinohydride has the (very nearly)
same radius as the first, so a collision with either a bare proton of H3+ is
likely to simply result in neutralization, forming in a hydrino molecule.
Regards,

Robin van Spaandonk

http://users.bigpond.net.au/rvanspaa/

Competition provides the motivation,