Hi,
[snip]
>Not good. However, I think most domesticated species are weak, and
>cannot compete in the wild. For example, when you plant domesticated
>corn (maize) in the wild and you do not weed it or tend it, I believe
>it usually dies out. You might say maize devotes to many resources to
>making large seeds, which then fall too close to the plant. It is
>kind of like what happens when you leave a domesticated miniature dog
>in the woods to fend for itself.
>
>With any luck, the green goo agent will also be weak, but who knows.
>It is pretty darn irresponsible making such things in the first place.
[snip]
There is also the virtual certainty that natural viruses will pick up the new
genes, and transfer them into other organisms in the wild. If nature can find a
way for a life form to benefit from the genes, then they *will* be used.

Regards,

Robin van Spaandonk

http://users.bigpond.net.au/rvanspaa/

Competition provides the motivation,