Hi,
[snip]

I've messed this up royally before, so take this with a pound of salt. ;)

>Given that no current flows due to contact potential
>between dissimilar metals;

I think a current does flow initially, when the metals first make contact.

>1, will the contact potential charge a capacitor?

After contact is established, and the current has stopped flowing, there is no
potential difference between the metals, hence no potential to charge the
capacitor with. They might charge a capacitor prior to making contact, if the
capacitor is made in two halves, with each half made of the same metal as the
block to which it is attached. IOW the cap. itself would be made of two
different metals.

>2, will photons striking one of the metals of
>the metal couple charge a capacitor connected
>across it?

Across what? If you mean connected across the metal divide, then the answer is
no, because there is no potential difference across the divide, though to the
extent that electrons are evaporated from the metal, the remaining electrons in
both pieces of metal will redistribute themselves. Nevertheless, the metal would
essentially be shorting the capacitor.
Regards,

Robin van Spaandonk

http://users.bigpond.net.au/rvanspaa/