Hi,
[snip]
>> costly at present. Can you imagine if energy were free
>> whereby billions of people,
>> millions of vehicles, homes, businesses, etc. etc. are
>> ***adding*** energy?!?! It will
>> kill this planet!
>
>Some of the "free" energy could be used to operate some sort
>of global heat pump system to ensure the biosphere does not get
>too warm.
>
>Consequently the price of free energy is the cost of keeping
>the planet cool.

Most of human contribution to global warming is as a consequence of greenhouse
gasses. This is considerably larger than our actual contribution in terms of
thermal energy. By converting to CF globally, we would eliminate the greenhouse
gas contribution. In the near term, our contribution to thermal energy would be
minimal. The Sun supplies 10000 times more power than we currently use, so our
actual contribution is insignificant. Nevertheless wasteful use of CF combined
with a growing  and wealthier population, would eventually put us back where we
are today. So it would be wise to continue along the path of energy efficiency.

Regards,

Robin van Spaandonk

http://users.bigpond.net.au/rvanspaa/

Competition provides the motivation,