Hi,
[snip]
>Because it doesn't.  It's a magnetic motor -- permanent-magnet-based
>engine -- and there's no mechanism for it to "steal heat" from the
>environment, nor any evidence whatsoever that it does so.
>
>It's type-1 perpetual motion:  violation of the first law, which is
>conservation of energy.  If the Steorn motor works, then a Steorn motor
>operating in a closed environment will warm up that environment.

If it works at all, then I'd be more inclined to believe that it is deriving
energy from an unexpected source, rather than creating it.

One off-beat possibility is a time distortion field. I wonder if clocks in the
surroundings run at a different speed? :)

[snip]
Regards,

Robin van Spaandonk

http://users.bigpond.net.au/rvanspaa/