Michel Jullian wrote:
---
 > Paul, if I understand correctly your long comments
below (BTW could we be as concise as
possible, and stick to the convention of new stuff on
top whenever possible?),
---

Sorry, I was merely replying to your comment.

Michel Jullian wrote:
---
 > you believe that potential energy in general (not
just magnetic, but also
gravitational, electric too I suppose...) is just a
convenient concept, and there must be
some real energy underlying this concept, and you want
to know where this real energy
comes from.

 > I believe on the contrary that potential energy is
as real as energy can be. Taking
gravity as an example (simpler than magnetism, no
cross-products, Curie points etc..), the
PE lost by the falling weight is exactly equal, _by
definition_, to the work that must be
done to lift it back up. If PE wasn't real there would
be no real counterpart to the real
work done when lifting the weight, as there would be
no counterpart to the kinetic energy
of the weight when it falls.
 > Besides you can't replace PE by a _quantifiable_
energy as you suggest (annihilated or
weakened electrons), because PE has an arbitrary zero.
We can't tell how much intrinsic PE
there is in the weight because we don't know on which
planet we are going to let it fall,
agreed?
---

No offense intended, but it seems you are not grasping
the depth of my theory, as what you
say adds even more credence to my theory, which
dismisses the idea of PE; i.e., you don't
know how much PE you'll ever need. If you carefully
read this entire reply I believe you
could only agree with my theory in all honesty.

Two iron atoms could have been created 1 micron apart,
which would constitute a certain
amount of PE.  The iron atoms could have been created
in different solar systems, which
would constitute a certain amount of PE.  The iron
atoms could have been created in
different galaxies, which would constitute a certain
amount of PE.  The iron atoms could
have been created in different universes/big-bang (see
M-theory on beyond our big bang),
which would constitute a certain amount of PE.

You are asking way too much from nature.  I've written
far too many simulation programs to
know such an idea as PE is a nightmare for the simple
reason that you can ***add*** energy
to the system from nowhere.  This is very clear and
simple in a simulation program. If you
want to add more energy to the system you simply
create two iron atoms that are even
farther apart and then allow them to accelerate toward
each other. :-(

My theory simply states energy is simply moved from
one location to another. When the two
magnets accelerate toward each other it consumes
energy.  And guess what, my theory is
already confirmed as much as we know two air core
electro-magnets do indeed consume energy
as they accelerate toward each other.

Ah, and here's another surprising confirmation. :-) We
now have technology to create
electric fields on demand, which is in complete
agreement with my theory. Consider two
separated objects. One is negatively charged and the
other is positively charged. When
separated there exists an appreciably charged space,
which constitutes energy. We know
that it requires energy to charge space-- capacitors.
As the two objects accelerate
toward each other the net electric fields decrease, as
the negative & positive fields
cancel. :-)  In a nutshell, we started with energy
that constitutes charged space, and we
ended up with "energy," the moving object.

Lets see if the theory holds up to the opposite
situation-- two objects charged with the
same polarity. Again we initially have charged space.
It requires energy to force the two
objects closer together. This consumed energy goes in
the way of charged space, as the two
fields overlap.

To top it all off, my theory is far simpler.  In
physics we strive to find the most
fundamental theory.  Your theory requires KE and PE.
My theory requires one, plain old
"energy." :-)

I am sorry, but IMHO the evidence is overwhelming that
my theory is correct-- knock on
wood, lol.

Think about it for a while.

Regards,