Hi,
[snip]
>Now in the 0.000000000169 of a second that it has taken the magnetic field
>to get to the top magnet from bottom magnet the position of the bottom
>magnet has changed, but the field can't know this change in position has
>occurred so it doesn't penetrate as deep (it sees the new position of the
>top magnet but only knows of the old location of the bottom magnet).
>However the magnetic field of the top magnet is effecting the bottom magnet
>more powerfully than it should because it can't know that the magnet that
>created it has since relocated, and if it did that would be instantaneous
>communication.
>
>This gives a net thrust upwards, the only question is how strong?

What about the reverse situation. The time it takes for the force from the
bottom magnet to reach the top magnet? Wouldn't that produce the reverse effect?
...and what is supporting the top magnet...I think you need to look at the
effect on *all* the forces involved before concluding that there is a net
resultant uni-directional force.

Regards,

Robin van Spaandonk

http://users.bigpond.net.au/rvanspaa/