I think you made my job easier, Stephen,

My VDG pumps electrons from the globe to earth ground, but I intend
to pump them to a roll of heavy duty aluminum foil with isolation from
ground using an inverter and "D" batteries to power the VDG and
digital scale.
Hence a three point triangle of spheres within spheres, connected
by cylinders within cylinders with pumping of electrons from the
inner cylinders-spheres, should put a negative charge on the
outer cylinders-spheres.... but I won't bet the store on it.

All kinds of fun abstract art with this Caltech Electric Field applet:

http://www.cco.caltech.edu/~phys1/java/phys1/EField/EField.html

Fred

Stephen A. Lawrence wrote.

Frederick Sparber wrote:

Posted earlier:

This Field Line Applet is cheaper than buying more VDGs.

http://www.cco.caltech.edu/~phys1/java/phys1/EField/EField.html

If the force around a positively charged sphere is reduced by

cladding it with a high dielectric constant material (K)

It won't be, not unless the cladding has a net charge. The dielectric or other
properties of the cladding aren't relevant to its ability to "shield"
something, which can be done only by canceling the original field. (There's no
such thing as a "true" electric shield, of course. At least according to
conventional theory, the E field obeys the law of superposition, and you can't
actually "block" it; you can only cancel it.)

If you surround a charged sphere with any spherically symmetric material which
does not, itself, carry a net charge, the result will be no change in the
external field (outside the cladding) and no change in the net force acting on
the system (sphere+cladding) due to an external field.

it's external force/field will drop off accordingly:
E = D/eo = D/(K*eo) = 1/K * 1/(4(pi) eo * Q/R^2

where D = 1/4(pi) * Q/R^2

Beware being mesmerized by the D field's behavior. Maxwell's equations are
valid everywhere without any auxiliary fields (D and H) -- the aux fields are
just a convenience, to make calculations easier inside matter where there are
lots of mobile dipoles (both electric and magnetic), and to make the equations
simpler in MKS units.

In electrostatics a sheet of high-dielectric insulator material immersed in a
static E field perpendicular to its surface can be modeled as a capacitor: its
dipoles align with the E field, all internal dipole "end fields" cancel, and
the two surfaces of the insulator acquire charges, one positive and the other
negative. Like any parallel plate capacitor, of course, the field outside the
dielectric is (nearly) zero, and it's not going to have any effect on the
external field of something around which it's wrapped.

Force = 1/K * 1/4(pi)eo * q* Q/R^2

Hence a 3-point craft with a cladded positive center sphere and
three exposed negative spheres should repel the earth's excess

negative charge up to an altitude that requires charge reversal for getting
past the ionosphere.

That's just it.  It won't, if the cladding is neutral (no net charge).

If it did you could close the cladding, move a bit, open the cladding, move
back, close the cladding, and so forth, and voila, you have a PMM. With
uncharged cladding opening and closing the cladding (by sliding it) should
require insignificant work.