At 04:46 PM 2/5/2007, you wrote:
After all that's happened, the Science Inquisition is still humming along. I feel bad for the guy, especially as few in the media (correct me if I'm wrong) will go out to bat for him. Hopefully I am wrong.

I myself got into, shall we say, an intense conversation today, while at work. I mentioned Cold Fusion, and got the usual nonsense thrown back at me.

It's just not possible to deal with a mind that's sealed tightly shut.

Philip.

Hi Philip,

I better fess up quick that I did a little guerrilla editing on that news blurb. If you click the link you'll find that the real story was slightly different - though perhaps no less serious.

Your situation, as you described, is very understandable. Despite what those of us on "the frequency" know, the word on the street is that it's still sci-fi.

We can change this.

It's not so much that the mind is shut. It's a process of belief systems and the influence of mass media. CF has reached such mythic proportions as sci-fi that you could have the most expert nuke physicist Ph.D with a second degree in electrochemistry who had performed experiments to the "t" in the same place where you stood at work today - and he or she would get the same reaction.

It's bigger than most of us realize.

Steve