From: Harry Veeder [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, February 09, 2007 5:54 PM
To: vortex-l@eskimo.com
Subject: [Vo]: FW: $25 million prize for greenhouse gas removal

New Scientist - NEWS ALERT

$25 million prize for greenhouse gas removal

Come up with a system for removing a billion tonnes of carbon dioxide from
the atmosphere, and you could win the biggest prize in history, says its
sponsor, Richard Branson, head of Virgin Group.

The judges of the prize include former US vice president Al Gore, Jim
Hansen, director of the NASA Goddard Institute and James Lovelock, the
father of the Gaia theory.

Read the full story here:
http://environment.newscientist.com/article/dn11146-25-million-dollar-prize-
for-greenhouse-gas-removal.html

Science and technology news and features updated daily at
http://www.newscientist.com