Hi Mike,
[snip]

I guess what I was really trying to say is:
Don't expect too much sympathy for the cause from Branson because I suspect that
advertising is the main aim of the prize. That doesn't mean people shouldn't
attempt to win it.
IOW I was considering the prospect that there might be "more where that came
from", and giving the prospect a low rating.

>And, I suppose, Gate's foundation is also cheap advertising and Buffet's
>ante is conscience salve? At this juncture, we need all the initiatives we
>can get and I think it counter-productive to diss them. Branson's wealth is
>minor league compared to Gates and Buffet, but it is in the right direction.
>Or would you prefer a government grant?
>
>Mike Carrell

Regards,

Robin van Spaandonk

http://users.bigpond.net.au/rvanspaa/

Competition (capitalism) provides the motivation,
Cooperation (communism) provides the means.