Jones Beene <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> It would be more interesting if JNL could somehow measure temperature
> changes directly on the spinning magnetic material.  He could use a
> thermal gun.

That probably will not happen, but then we have Steorn....

This company is an enigma to me, as their approach is so... how shall I
say it? 'brain-dead' is a bit crude (Steve Jobs' favorite repartee) but
not inaccurate  from everything which has appeared in print.

... but anyway... although I am more skeptical of Steorn than of the
Newman machine, both may well demonstrate glimpses of OU at times, with
repeatability being the salient issue.

Nevertheless, it would be ridiculously easy for Steorn (assuming that
they even have a well-equipped laboratory, which is not a given) to take
and datalog these measurements, and then to report the results without
giving up a scintilla of proprietary information.

The forum intro states that their device does not interact with the environment
for its power.  And the CEO has explicitly said that there is not a temperature
change in the environment of the device, aside from heat generated by friction.

They've done the experiment. You may be disappointed that they don't give out
the numbers, but considering how much money they could lose if the cat is let
out of the bag before they are ready, I can't say I blame them.

Then the question would remain (assuming a temperature drop)... can you
trust anyone who chooses this kind of strategy to introduce an
earth-shaking transformative technology - which supposedly is already
patented, and which is instantly marketable by any number of large and
cash-loaded corporate partners, if it did not come with heavy 'baggage'?

...unless, of course Steorn suspects that they a sooo-close to success,
yet that the technology is not quite(?)= repeatable? reliable? robust?
or whatever... and are praying to St. Patrick for some kind of
Irish-luck miracle of insight, to be derived from the assorted experts
who have been enticed by the hype, and who are, in effect, giving them
free consulting services which they could never otherwise afford.

That gambit is the only scenario which makes any sense to me.

Jones

The fish are biting.