  From: Steven Vincent Johnson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
  Sent: Monday, March 05, 2007 10:40 AM
  To: vortex-l@eskimo.com
  Subject: [Vo]:

  Charles Brown sez:

  > I am looking for people that sincerely want to
  > escape the Second Law of Thermodynamics.

  Seems there have been other recent claims just as provocative as Mr.
Brown's that have been made here as well.

  Brown's statement, however, strikes me as one of the most curiously worded
proclamations of intent that I've read in quite a while... looking for a few
good men (or women.)

  It would seem that there have been a LOT of proclamations lately on how
one's simulated s/w models have proven beyond a shadow of doubt that they
have discovered "the-way" to beat the 2LoT, that "their" model points the
way to salvation, to a panacea of free energy just waiting to save the
world.

  Can it be done? Who knows. Science fiction authors have certainly
conquered the 2LoT barrier many times over, so why can't it be done in our
provincial little universe as well. Reality is often stranger than fiction.

  I can only offer the following snippet of insight, the result of a few
hard lessons learned at my own expense - literally at my own expense.

  There was a time in my own recent history when I had come up with a model
that seemed to point the way to a panacea of FE. It was a well thought out
model too. I did the physics. I checked out the math thoroughly, as best as
I could. The software simulations I was running at the time also seemed to
confirm time after time that I had been correctly applying the math to my
understanding of basic laws of physics.

  There was only one thing left for me to do - build the contraption.
Fortunately for me the endeavor, while costly, wasn't going to be so
outrageously expensive that I couldn't at least get a good idea as to
whether I was on the right track or not. In the end I think I spent
somewhere around two thousand dollars of personal savings in R&D, building
my own POC, Proof of Concept prototype.

  The result of my intense endeavor was - most educational.

  It didn't work as advertised. Why? Didn't I do the math right? Where did I
go wrong?

  Eventually, with the help of another colleague (who shall remain nameless)
I discovered my error.

  The biggest irony of it all for me was the fact that my math WAS correct -
my "theory" worked. Unfortunately, Mother Nature never asked me for my
opinion on how she runs the store. The problem was I had misinterpreted a
particular law of physics, specifically how magnetic fields interact with
each other. It's a rather interesting phenomenon too, an interactive
condition that is easy to misinterpret. However, because I had made a simple
misinterpretation in my application of physics my "flawless" math took me
down a road of roses filled with the best of intentions.

  Sometimes I try to comfort myself with the fact that it was an honest
mistake on my part, one based on the best collection of information I had at
my fingertips at the time. But a mistake it still was.

  These days, when I hear proclamations that their specially assembled
software simulations (which, granted, are claimed to be based on how the
real universe operates) show how to generate oodles and oodles of free
energy, I find myself remembering how my own simulations had also predicted
the same claims.

  The best of luck to you all. May the best men and women win the prize!

  Don't be surprised however if it turns out to be a valuable educational
experience. Hopefully, you will be able to afford the tuition

  Regards,
  Steven Vincent Johnson
  www.OrionWirks.com