Hello Dave,

> Hi Stephen, [Lawrence]
>
> > Finally, uranium itself may seem to be a puzzle:  Where did it come
> from?  What reaction formed it?  The universe started with hydrogen; how
> did atoms like uranium "climb the energy hill"?  The answer, as I
> understand it, is supernova explosions:
>
> The supernova explosion theory is a favorite among steady-state
> physicists. The problem with the theory is the distribution of
> uranium on the Earth.  If uranium is produced in supernova
> explosions, why does it only occur in certain types of soil and
> rocks?  The same goes for gold, lead, and other heavy metals.
> Also, if the Earth were formed from supernova dust, the heaviest
> elements should be at the core of the Earth, not on its surface.
> Present understanding of the Earth's core suggests it is solid iron, a
> relatively light metal.
>
> Dave

The Fe (iron) "energy well" explanation where "energy" (as elaborated by Mr.
Lawrence) seems to be released from the fission of heavier than Fe elements
still strikes me as a plausable explanation - not that I care to cast
dispersions on the Aether theory.

OTOH, as you point out why *ARE* there all these heavy elements near the
surface of the planet, versus where they ought to be, at the core. The fact
that these elements only tend to be found in certain types of soil suggests
to me that there may indeed be some form of transmutation occurring. ;-)

It's an intriguing thought.

Regards,
Steven Vincent Johnson
www.OrionWorks.com