Hi,
[snip]
>Understood. Now, would you like to take a stab at explaining the
>"electron capture model" ?

I believe the basic premise is that a proton temporarily captures an electron
becoming a neutron (with "borrowed" energy?), which is then absorbed by another
nucleus, releasing more energy than was borrowed to form the neutron.

Personally, I think Hydrinos are a more likely explanation.
Regards,

Robin van Spaandonk

http://users.bigpond.net.au/rvanspaa/

Competition (capitalism) provides the motivation,
Cooperation (communism) provides the means.