----- Original Message -----
From: "R.C.Macaulay" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <vortex-l@eskimo.com>
Sent: Monday, March 12, 2007 3:39 PM
Subject: Re: [VO]:Re: Ozone and isotopes of O by microwave exitation

>> We have some experience in industrial size ozone generating systems in the
>> 1000PPD and above range.
>
> What's a PPD?
  Ozone gas is measured in pounds per day .. PPD

OK thanks, pounds must be some indigenous unit I guess ;) Seriously, that's a
hell of a lot of ozone!

>> Ozone gas is so stubborn that it resists mixing with water, the residual
>> properties are
>> extremely short lived and it is deadly.
>
> Not deadly (I read somewhere that no casualty has ever been attributed to
> ozone), but it's very painful if you inhale too much of it, very much like
> inhaling bleach, no wonder it has a similar effect on microorganisms.

    Very deadly.. a extreme oxidant.

Correct, I should have said "deadly, but no casualty recorded" (unless you know
of any)

> How is the ozone laden air pressurized in the industrial units you're using,
> air pump upstream of the ozone generation I imagine? And what's the operating
> principle of the O3 generator itself, is it the AC operated glass tube type?

    The incoming air is compressed, chilled and dried. The air enters the
electric arc
    chambers 8" diameter pipe runs( depending on type) and mixed into the main
process water .
    The air handling systems can be pressured or vacuum.

OK, that's how I imagined it basically.

>> Somewhere lurking in the back of my mind is an idea for using O6 as a
>> "grease" to slide the O3
>> into the water molecule.. I know, Yes , I know it can't be done because O6
>> may not be O6.. hmmm.
>> But if it is.. and it can be "borrowed" while it's extremely short life is
>> around to argue the point..
>> it may be possible to " fold" the two into water before O6 catches on .. by
>> using a form of velocity
>> shear upwards to 150f/s periphical velocity of a parabolic segment shaped
>> "knife".
>
> I doubt this makes the slightest sense to anyone except perhaps yourself, but
> hey this is Vortex :)

    Hey ! You're not in Kindergarten.. Vortex is for people with some elastic
in their minds.

Indeed!

>> We have been successful using this method for oxidation systems but O3 alone
>> doesn't want to play
>> fair. Microwave may be the trigger to generate O3 and O6 in the actual water
>> process stream and have
>> the mixing as a function of the O3 generating process. We have had our
>> Gasmastrrr units returned for
>> service that have the UHMW rotating member
>
> What's this, your tank-bottom ozonized air bubbler?

    See .. www.gasmastrrr.com

Nice! If that's your site there is a typo BTW :"The MASTRRR COMPANY
manufacture_r_s a variety"

    The gas is discharged into large mixing
    tanks filled with water. The off-gas ozone that fails to mix is either
    recycled or is destroyed so Michel doesn't learn the hard way that the
stuff can kill ya.

Yeah, especially if Richard sneaks lethal "O6 isotopes" into it :)

>> shot with electro-chem pitting
>
> Chem pitting more likely. I guess you mean electro-chem like pitting?

     Electro-chem pitting description covers a range.. strange to see the
results.. if you ever
     saw the results of propeller or pump impeller cavitation you would
understand.

>> that is a form of  SL cavitation.
>
> What's this ?

   Here goes.... sonolumeniscense.. long for SL..

So you observe light emissions from your rotating arm? In this case yes you
probably have all sorts of ionic species in there, so your electro-chem
description is appropriate.

>> Ultra high molecular weight polyethelene "does not pit".. we all know that.
>
> Very few materials are ozone resistant Richard. Have you checked the ozone
> resistance of this particular PE?

    Re-check you data.. excellent resistance to O3 at below 120 degrees.. maybe
some swelling at 140 degrees.

I never said I had checked any data, good thing you have. Don't take my casual
comments as criticisms BTW, I was not supposed to know the extent of your
knowledge in this field, it's obviously excellent, better than mine on some
points, thanks for the interesting discussion.

Michel