Harry Veeder wrote:-

<<Perhaps the critical temperature of a given NAE is more like temperature
range. When the NAE is below a certain temperature it is too cold for cold
fusion, and when it is above a certain temperature it is too hot for cold
fusion>>

If you've been around since the beginning Harry, you will remember that
there does indeed appear to be a temperature range for electrolytical CF to
manifest itself but, while the temperature of the cell is indeed influenced
by the input electrical power, it is not necessary for the raised
temperature of the cell to be created by the electrolysis - it is a
misleading side effect. It takes a temperature of at least 60 degrees C to
fire off (that is from memory/educated guess) - I'm sure Jed knows the
correct figure. Actually, there is a danger here that Mitchell Swartz will
swoop in with his OOP theory (optimal operating point) so don't shout it out
too loudly...

Oh BTW Ed, Michel is pointing out that the palladium itself is not electrolysed, although this is what the title of the paper appears to say. I would prefer a scientist to be doing these experiments, rather than a linguist...