Hi,
[snip]
>Robin
>
>> More than evidence on paper, Mills has bottles of the stuff (literally).
>> See http://www.blacklightpower.com/images/Chemicals.jpg
>
>... old news, and largely meaningless for this discussion.

Yes, it is old news, but hardly meaningless.

>What is in those vials, no one but Mills has a clue; and he is likely
>just guessing or he would publish more detail. So far, everything which
>Mills is even remotely sure of, gets published. Over and over, actually.
>
>He sent that material out many years ago for analysis (7-8 yrs.?) and
>the fact that no independent lab wants to stick their neck out on
>significant details (other than to say it is odd) should tell you something.

The fact that the independent labs all ducked for cover tells me that he is
probably right.

>Agreed - there are very likely to be hydrino compounds in there,
>compounded with alkali metals, which is the limit of what Mills is
>claiming anyway.
>
>I can pretty much guarantee one thing. There is near ZERO residual
>negative charge on any vial, as there would have to be if there were
>really such an entity as Hy- in existence: that being the stable,
>uncompounded but charged hydride, which had been captured as a pure
>species.

That's also the definition of a chloride, an iodide, or for that matter any
other anion. Hy- is no different in that regard, and equally unlikely to result
in an overall negative charge on an object. IOW the negative charge of the
Hydrinohydride is balanced by the positive charge on the cations, as in any
normal salt. (Which BTW is why the contents of the bottles look like salts).

>There could be some slight static charge, as is seen with an
>electret, but even picograms of a charged stable hydride could not be
>contained.
>
>Needless to say, even for those who accept his experimental evidence,
>there is a totally different focus when one is looking of a natural
>solar-derived hydrogen species, which CANNOT be negatively charged,
>really

Why not, the entire solar wind comprises charged particles in an overall largely
neutral plasma?

>-- compared to the situation of an alkali hydride in which the
>hydrogen is substituted.

Regards,

Robin van Spaandonk

http://users.bigpond.net.au/rvanspaa/

Competition (capitalism) provides the motivation,
Cooperation (communism) provides the means.